Chevrolet released the new 2013 Corvette Order Guide yesterday to dealers. The PDF shows all the various options and equipment groups that will be available for the Corvette in the upcoming model year. In addition to the new content, the guide also tells us what has been deleted and will no longer be available.
Click here to download the 2013 Corvette Order Guide [PDF].
First, let’s go over the deletions. The Centennial Package was a one-year only option as was the Carlisle Blue Metallic exterior, so those were expected along with the Carbon Flash metallic which was only available on the Centennial Edition. What we are a bit surprised about is the deletion of the Competition Gray Wheels across the model lineup:
- (58U) Carbon Flash Metallic exterior color
- (GLF) Carlisle Blue exterior color
- (ZLC) Chevrolet Centennial Edition
- (VPK) GCA Exterior Package, LPO
- (5V4) GCA Ultimate Package, LPO
- (VPL) GCA Ultimate Package, LPO
- (QX1, PYD, Q44 and Q6J) Competition Gray wheels
In terms of what is new, Black is back as well as the new color we told you about which is officially called “Night Race Blue Metallic”. We referred to it as Midnight Race Blue a few weeks ago and I think I like our name better. Another exterior paint change isn’t a change at all. We had reported that Supersonic Blue was ending its run in 2012, but we do see it listed for 2013 Corvettes and so that rounds out the 10 colors on the 2013 Corvette.
The other major 2013 additions which have already been seen are the 427 Convertible and the 60th Anniversary Package. It looks like all 2013 Corvettes will have 60th Anniversary exterior badges, sillplates and cluster logos. The Competition Gray wheels are being replaced by Black painted aluminum wheels.
Here is the complete list of new features:
- (41U) Black exterior color
- (GXH) Night Race Blue Metallic exterior color
- 427 Convertible Collector Edition, includes 427 badges, carbon fiber fenders, (B92) carbon fiber hood with raised center, ZR1 spoiler, (F55) Magnetic Selective Ride Control, (Q8K) machined-face cup wheels, (XFG) front P285/30ZR19 and rear P335/25ZR20 Michelin PS2 tires, Gray brake calipers and (LS7) 7.0L (427 ci) LS7 V8 SFI engine with dry sump oil system
- (Z27) 427 Heritage Package, includes Satin Black hood stripe and 427 logo floor mats
- 60th Anniversary exterior badges, sillplates and cluster logos on all models
- (Z25) 60th Anniversary Design Package, includes (10U) Arctic White exterior color, Diamond Blue leather-wrapped interior with Blue stitching, 60th logos on seats and special steering wheel badge, suede steering wheel, shifter and park brake with Blue stitching, (34T) Blue convertible top on convertible models, special 60th wheel caps, (J6D) Dark Gray Metallic brake calipers, body-color door handles and body-color ZR1-style full-width spoiler
- (Z30) 60th Anniversary Stripe Package, includes Pearl Silver Blue dual, full-length body stripes; Also includes tonal stitch Blue stripes on Convertible tops (requires Z25)
- (Q8B) 5-spoke, Black-painted aluminum, 18″ front and 19″ rear wheels (replaces [QX1] Competition Gray wheels)
- (QZW) Grand Sport Black-painted aluminum, 18″ front and 19″ rear wheels (replaces [PYD] Competition Gray wheels)
- (Q7Z) Spider design, Z06 Black-painted aluminum, 18″ front and 19″ rear wheels (replaces [Q44] Competition Gray wheels)
- (Q6U) ZR1 Black-painted aluminum, 19″ front and 20″ rear wheels (replaces [Q6J] Competition Gray wheels)
And finally, here are the changes in content that will be made on the 2013 MY Corvette:
- (AG2) front passenger 6-way power seat adjuster now standard on all models
- (D42) Luggage shade and cargo net now included in 2LT Coupe and 2LT Grand Sport Coupe
- (AP9) Cargo net now included in 2LT Convertible and 2LT Grand Sport Convertible
- (T43) ZR1 spoiler available on all models; included with ZR1 model, 427 Convertible Collector Edition, (CFZ) Z06 Carbon
- Fiber Package and (Z25) 60th Anniversary Design Package; not available with (Z07) Z06 Ultimate Performance Package or (PDE) ZR1 High Performance Package which include racing spoiler
The 2013 Corvette Order Guide really helps to complete the information we had on the upcoming model year. We’ll be waiting for pricing which we assume will come sooner given the 2012’s slightly shortened production schedule. Chevrolet will show off the new models and options to the Corvette faithful at the National Corvette Museum’s 2012 Bash at the end of April. The 2013 Corvette will start rolling off the production line in Bowling Green in May.
New “Midnight Race Blue” Color Option Coming to the 2013 Corvette
February 2012 Corvette Sales
Corvette Assembly Plant Announces Suspension of Tours
GM Unveils New 2013 Corvette 427 Convertible and 60th Anniversary Package