The Circle City Corvette Club out of Dothan, AL is doing their Run to the Beach this Friday with a Corvette show at the Panama City Beach Bay Point Marriott Beach Resort on Saturday, May 21st. The corvette show includes a live look at the 2012 Corvettes, seminars with GM engineers and designers from Bowling Green and an event shirt.
The GM guys always bring down some cool Corvettes to display and this year they will have the 2012 Centennial Corvette, the 2011 Supersonic Blue Z06 Carbon Edition Concept car, the 2011 Inferno Orange Carbon Edition and another 2012 car from the Corvette Plant!
Expected to attend from GM/NCM are:
- Wendell Strode – Executive Director, NCM
- Kirk Bennion – GM Corvette Exterior Design Engineer
- Steve Grilli – Corvette Assembly Plant Quality Engineer
- Eric Millette – Lean Manufacturing Engineer at GM
Here is Saturday’s schedule for those interested:
- 8:00 – 12:00 – Registration and clean up for car show
- 9:30 – 10:30 – Corvette Seminar on 2012 Corvette by Steve Grille, Corvette Assembly Plant Quality Engineer
- 10:45 – 12:00 – Corvette Seminar by Corvette Design Engineer – Kirk Bennion
- 12:00 – Clean up ends and judging begins for car show
- 2:00 – Door prizes given out for car show participants. 50/50 drawing, Car show ends
- 5:00 – Happy hour at Bay Point Marriott Ballroom – Cash Bar
- 5:30 – Food served
- 6:30 – Wendell Strode – Executive Director of National Corvette Museum
- 7:45 – 9:00 – Corvette auction to benefit the National Corvette Museum
- 9:00 – Car show awards given out, best club participation award, furthest driven award
Our friend Charley Robertson has been collecting Corvette and Corvette Racing memorabilia all year and has some great items that will be auctioned during Saturday Night’s banquet. You can see many of the items on Shutterfly and all proceeds will support the National Corvette Museum’s Motorsports Park.
More info about the Run to the Beach can be found at the Circle City Corvette Club.