We got a bit of news this morning regarding changes to the Corvette plant’s operations schedule. The Bowling Green Assembly Plant will be moving to a new work schedule effective the week of July 20th. Assembly workers will be on the job for 10 hours per day, 4 days per week instead of an 8 hour/5 day workweek. We also got word that the planed operational schedule (ie shutdowns) has been revised.
The New Work Week Schedule:
The new schedule starts the week beginning July 20th and calls for the plant to be in operation Monday through Thursday for 10 hours per day. Assembly plant workers will start their shifts at 6:12 am and the end at 4:42 pm.
Revised Work Schedule.
- The Plant will work the week of June 22nd.
- The Plant will be closed for three weeks: the weeks of June 29th, July 6th and July 13th.
- The Plant will work for two weeks: the weeks of July 20th and July 27th
- The Plant will be closed for three weeks: the weeks of August 3rd, August 10th and August 17th.
- The Plant will return to work the week beginning August 24th.
The morning tour times should remain the same (9 am and 11:30 am). The afternoon tour time will be changed and the plant will let us know in the near future what the new time will be.
Photograph by Michelle Rindels