The day spent at the Corvette Museum for the C5/C6 Bash was simply unbelievable. Thousands of Corvette enthusiasts mingling with GM personel and new Corvettes. We got so much information about the new Corvettes that its difficult to know where to begin. So to keep it simple we’ll begin with a list of bullets of what we learned today.
Here is what’s new for 2010 Corvettes:
- NEW Grand Sport Model â€“ Coupe or Convertible
- Grand Sport Heritage Package with Iconic Hash mark Stripes and Seat Embroidery
- Grand Sport coupe manual with Z52 Dry Sump Performance Package standard includes rear mounted battery and differential cooler
- Torch Red is back â€“ Z06 and ZR1 available in all 8 colors for the 1st time
- Launch Control standard with all manual transmissions
- 6-speed paddle shift automatic – Push and hold feature allows easy return to auto mode usingâ€™+â€™ paddle
- Side Airbags standard on all Corvettes
- New interior console trim plates – Orbit and Gunmetal patterns
- Crossed flag logo embroidery seat option
- Convertible includes Z06 style tall spoiler
- Z06 and ZR1 now available with cashmere interior
- Z06 3LZ package now includes power sport seats and power passenger seat
- ZR1 includes PTM – Performance Traction Management Technology
- 1 year XM subscription included with 3LT â€“ 2LZ â€“ 3ZR option packages
- Cashmere custom leather wrapped interior â€“ interim availability
- Available Competition Gray wheels for ZR1
Some items on this list deserve additional attention:
First is that Launch Control is standard on all manual Corvettes. Tadge showed us several videos on how it works and its impressive. Tadge was also very clear that use of the Corvette’s Launch Control system won’t void your warranty either! We’ve got video of the seminar and will have that up in the next couple of days.
Secondly, the Performance Traction Management Technology for the ZR1 is an advanced system that integrates your Traction Control, Active Handling, and Selective Ride Control systems to enhance racetrack driving consistency and overall performance. With PTM you can now push full throttle while exiting a corner on a racetrack as the system automatically manages your overall acceleration dynamics. They tested the system and it even improved lap times of professional drivers.
Finally, the ability to order any car in any color cannot be overlooked. Want an Artic White or Crystal Red Z06 or ZR1? Now you can!
We’ve got a lot more info on everything from the 2009 Option penetration to Corvette Racing GT2 info. And with another full day at the Museum planned for tomorrow, we’ll be plenty busy over the next week.