GM is unleashing another special edition built exclusively for the European Continent. The Corvette Competition is purpose-built to win both hearts and races for those enthusiasts living “across the pond.” Celebrating Corvette’s racing heritage, the Competition makes the most of the LS3′s 437 horses through maximizing Corvette’s superior power to weight ratio by keeping extras to a minimum. The Corvette Competition isn’t just a trim package like last year’s Victory Edition. It comes standard with an upgraded Z51 performance package, a Z06 rear spoiler and competition grey wheels. The Competition Corvette will be available only in Black and production will be limited.
The Corvette Competition delivers standard features like:
- A precise 6-speed gearbox with a direct operating gear lever
- Standard Z51 Performance Package with upgraded torsion bars, brakes and Eagle F1 Run Flat tires
- Brake cooling ducts for the cross-drilled brake rotors
- Active Handling System with a Competitive mode for advanced drivers
- Z06 rear spoiler for improved downforce and high speed stability
- Design touches that include front and rear sport mesh grilles, a carbon fiber central console, leather seats and Competition grey aluminum wheels
This is the second special edition built exclusively for Europe. Last year’s Victory Edition gave European Corvette buyers their very own special edition that celebrated the Corvette’s success in the GT1 class at the 24 Hours of LeMans. For more information, visit Corvette Europe.