CorvetteConti.com is telling us a new limited edition “427″ Corvette Z06 will be unveiled Thursday by General Motors at the Chicago Auto Show. The 427 Corvette Z06 is a trim package with the following options:
- Crystal Red Metallic (89U) Tintcoat
- Special Dark Titanium custom leather wrapped interior trim
- 427 logo embroidered on seat backs and floor mats
- Hydrographic patterned center trim plate
- Unique chrome wheels
- Special graphics package
- Individually signed and numbered covered armrest
- Certificate of Authenticity
The 427 Corvette Z06 is another “signature” edition, this time featuring the penmanship of outgoing Corvette assembly plant manager Will Cooksey who retires on March 1st. GM is already set to produce 500 30th Anniversary Indianapolis 500 Pace Car replicas with Emerson Fittipaldi’s signature.
A second source claims the special chrome wheels on the 427 Corvette Z06 will be one of the wheel options on 2009 Corvettes. We’ll have more details once GM makes the announcement.