The Vatican’s release of a 10 Commandments on Driving has sure started a lot of conversations on the auto blogs and forums. The Church is hoping the list will remind drivers to be charitable to others and lessen the occurrences of Road Rage. Interestingly, the most common response I’ve seen to the list is that the Church only needed one commandment: “Move over when a faster car approaches you from behind”. But my favorite response has been the posting of The Ten Commandments of Corvette ownership by “Pewter Dream” on the Corvette Forum. They are:
- Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s Corvette.
- Thou shalt not worship any other car besides Corvette. For there is but one automotive God.
- Thou shalt not (tell) kill (stories).
- Thou shalt not adulterate your Corvette with ricer wings and flares.
- Thou shall honor all of the mothers and fathers in the history of the Corvette.
- Thou shalt not give false testimony…at your speeding ticket hearing or about your Corvette’s horsepower or 1/4 mile times.
- Thou shalt not misuse the name of Corvette.
- Thou shall remember the day your Corvette came into your life and keep it holy.
- Thou shalt not steal a glance at that shiny Corvette next to you at the car show and wonder if he is a Rejex, Adams or Zaino fanatic, and then go home and start another “which wax is best?” thread.
- Thou shalt not make for yourself a shrine to your Corvette.
What Would Jesus Drive Technorati Tags:
Corvette | Vatican